Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Cool and Wet Conditions bring on a 'mini Fall flow' here in Stevens County!

We have had some nice cool and warm days lately.  A few rain storms have blown through but we are getting some nice sun breaks too.  Temperatures in the 60's now.   It is a nice 'gentle' way to move into Fall and the bees seem to like it!

My colonies seem to be doing well - considering the lack of food in the environment.  I have done some supplemental feeding as of late with a few of my yards - where the dearth seems to be rather tough.

Today, I was working in one of my yards when noticed that the we have some dandelions coming on.  I was able to capture one of my gals working this.  I was a bit amazed by this!

Up Close - Note the Pollen!


Dandelion bloom!

This time of year, we can get some knapweed that seems to 're-bloom' too.  Most folks hate this weed - but I know my bees LOVE it!  :-)

Dandelion and Knapweed blooming

No comments:

Post a Comment