Thursday, October 31, 2019

Prepping Colonies to go to California for Winter and to Pollinate the Almonds!

Over the past few days, I've been working on setting up my trailer for my annual trek to California.  Its a long drive, but always fun and interesting.

This year I will be taking down 43 colonies to overwinter and to work the Almond pollination.  From these colonies we will raise new queens and build Nucs for sale as well.  In April, I will be picking them up and bring them home for a 'second round' of Spring.

I put my little 'hive lift' to work today and it is a serious back saver!  It works great!

If you are interested in this - leave me a comment and I will go into more details on this.

Thanks!

I will post pictures of my trip and where they will spend the Winter next week.

Prepping Trailer for the Trek. 

Hive Lift in Action!

Hive Lift in Action

No comments:

Post a Comment