Tuesday, June 4, 2013

FIRST SWARM 2013


Hello Everyone !

I have capture my first swarm of the year.  It was pretty high - under a soffit in a fairly expensive home.  I removed the first 3 panels to reveal this:

It was a medium sized swarm that had settled here for the past 3 or 4 days.  It was building comb as you can see in this next picture









You can see the white comb directly under t he cable wire.  I was about 15 feet off the ground at this point, however the ladder was very steady and I was perfectly safe.

I transferred the ball of the bees - wax and all into a transfer box with a few frames and scented with the swarm lure.  There was one frame of honey too .  I will go back in the evening to collect the transfer box once the bees have settled into the box for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment