Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cabinet Hive Super


I performed several 'splits' from this very strong survival hive last week.  I was able to take 3 frames of brood and created 3 nucleus hives with them.  Later on, I introduced 3 new Russian cross queens into these.  The remaining queen is in her third spring and she is really laying well!  This hive continues to grow and to put up honey from this years flow. 
Survivor Cabinet Hive

So I gave the hive extra room and placed the honey super that they have nearly filled, in the middle with two new supers with drawn comb ready to go.  I came back later to check on it and you can't believe the warmth and heat coming up from the brood chamber.  There were bees working in the new supers as well.  This is going to be a an excellent hive this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment