Friday, February 19, 2021

First Post of 2021!

Sorry for my tardiness this year as we have been really busy with more students (more work for me) and the whole Covid-19 "joy"

Latest news...

I took the bees down in November of last year to my good friend in California.  He has about 37 acres of almonds and uses my bees for the pollination.  The bees benefit from the warm gentle winter and come out pretty strong in the Spring.  Here's what it looks like now:

Beautiful January Weather!

Feeders on!


The new trailer!

The drive down was uneventful and much better than last year!  

Beautiful scenes from the countryside - on the way there and where I hunted and fished as a young man.  Great to be back a few times each year.

Oak Trees along HWY 132



SHOP NEWS!

In the shop, back home, we've been making frames, boxes and and a new 'invention' for my smoker.

A tidy box for my tools

The shop is nice and warm with the fire!

Speaking of Boxes...   
Here is a video of my box machine 'in action'.  Note:  I respect this machine quite a bit! You pay attention while running it.




BUILDING CUSTOMER BOXES AND FRAMES:

This is one I built for a customer.  THANK YOU!

8 Frame Langstroth



It's an 'all-hands' evolution here.  Its fun to build these in the winter.



I will be heading down next month to start new Queens and Nucs.  Its going to be a great year!  I will post more then.

Thanks !

Will Olson

1 comment:

  1. Great update! The bee will love that warmer climate. Will give them a very strong start to this coming year. Your workspace is looking more and more like Santa's workshop. Only missing the elves. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete